Orphaned Children

Orphaned Children

Tuesday 13 December 2011

The Fundraising Begins....

So, as you know - I've got to fundraise £5,100 so that Project Trust can support me in Malawi.

I produced a leaflet with loads of information about Malawi, and my Gap Year ambition and I am giving these out at every event/christmas fair...etc. 'Plan-A-Head' were really kind in letting me print 100 copies of my leaflet for £30 - that's 30p each which is great value! 

I have already made a significant start. I have spent a lot of time putting together a variety of homemade Christmas gifts and treats, which I have been selling at various local Christmas Fairs (Each one making just over £100) and I attened a local sports club's presentation evening and took formal portrait shots for the members of the club. Selling those photographs at £4 each made me over £100!! I plan to organise larger fund raising events early in the new year - so keep an eye out!!  I am delighted to have raised over £700 so far, but I still have a very long way to go to reach my target.

I have written to some local companies and organisations to offer them the opportunity to be involved in this fantastic journey and to contribute towards the hopes I have for the Blantyre orphans. If you can help, please make cheques payable to ‘Project Trust’ and send to me (My contact details can be found at the bottom of this page). Any and all donations are received with the greatest of thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment